Lainie Kazan .... Jeanne Shulman
Elliott Gould .... Morton Shulman
Sab Shimono .... Jiro Nishi
Robin Dunne .... Gump
Lela Rochon .... Chantel
Danny Smith .... Video Store Kid
Joshua Peace .... Lance
David Usher .... Sergio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Comments:

This movie gets dumber by the nanosecond! Now, I understand its intention. It's supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek action-comedy that requires you to check your brain at the door. So it's a trashy film. There's fun trash and there's dull trash. This is dull trash.

There's lots of humor, lots of high-energy action. But neither works out. The humor is so low-brow, awfully timed and delivered. The action sequences seem straight out of a video game. As Roger Ebert said, "This is the kind of flick where the bullets have read the screenplay." The only ones who get shot are the ones who HAVE to get shot. Mark Wahlberg busts in, in the first sequence, facing an army of baddies--every one armed--yet he manages to nail every one of these b*****ds with his magic machine gun. Not once does a bullet even brush through his hair. The action is so stylized it's like a ballet. I'm waiting for MarkyMark to get into his tutu and do a couple of pirhouettes, as he flamboyantly fires bullets left and right.

The storyline doesn't make a bit of sense, and if this were an entertaining action piece I would excuse the weak storyline. People come back to life after getting caught in the midst of massive explosions. I've seen tons of action and horror flicks where people come back to life after being virtually mutilated, but this movie takes the cake.

The characters are completely one-dimensional, and not the least bit interesting. Wahlberg is a mild-mannered hitman (what a cool oxymoron!) who just wants to be liked. Awwww, such pity. Lou Diamond Phillips is a trash-talker who will do anything for the buck. Bokeem Woodbine is a chronic masturbator (yes, you heard right) who's addicted to smut. And there's another dude who's...an utter dumbass who can never get his words right. Christina Applegate plays the stereotypical Jewish girl with stereotypical Jewish parents (Elliott Gould and Lainie Kazan). But Lainie Kazan, as the mother who bashes his daughter for dating a non-Jew, has some amusing moments and I actually got some chuckles. "You seem like a good...German-Catholic fellow," she says sarcastically in the middle of a card game. And Gould has some funny moments as the alcoholic father. Sure, the two characters are alarmingly one-note, but at this point I don't care about artistic integrity. I just want to be entertained!

Mark Wahlberg is not EXACTLY a terrible actor. I thought he was good in "Fear" and fairly good in "Boogie Nights," though I can't understand why he was even considered for an Oscar nomination. In this movie, he has absolutely NO expression whatsoever!!! A piece of cardboard could've played this role better than him. I've seen Wahlberg in interviews and he seems to have virtually no personality. I think he should've stuck to being a rapper/underwear model. If he didn't have the looks and the body, he would've been tossed out the movie biz in an instant. He could easily be replaced by any other young, good-looking actor--with more talent. Lou Diamond Phillips has showed off his talent in several early films including "LaBamba" where the played rocker Richie Valens. But recently, he's sunk into the direct-to-video circuit. And he lets his talent be even lesser known in this hammy performance. Avery Brooks is also extremely hammy as the villain Paris.

You can say this is a guy flick, but the chicks will probably love it too and overlook all its flaws as the sight of the gratuitous male locker room nudity takes over their psyche. Yes, women will probably appreciate this flick because there's no female nudity. So there ya go, chicks. You got your wish.

Even the soundtrack is lame. I was wondering why I saw the soundtrack for this movie on the discount rack, selling for $3.99. The title song is "I'm the Man" in which that's the only lyric you hear. It's goes like "I'm the man, man, man, man, man, man! The man, man, man, man, man!" You think with a big-budget like this they could afford some real artists.

No, I didn't take this movie seriously. But I wasn't laughing either. It's just stupid, stupid, stupid. The kind of film that caters to the lowest common denonimator of movie audiences. If you're under the age of 17, ignore my comments. But if you have a shred of maturity, please avoid this clunker at all costs!

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  

Покажи мненията от миналия:  Сортирай по  
Напиши нова тема Отговори на тема  [ 1 мнение ] 

Часовете са според зоната UTC + 2 часа