Riley Smith .... Johnny
Patrick Breen .... Tucker
Debra Winger .... Linda
Bill Roberson .... Del
Kenneth H. Callender .... Don
Michael Harding .... Irv the Cop
Charles Garren .... Clive
Rebecca Koon .... Waitress
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

коментар
I lived for along time close to Anderson, South Carolina, where this movie took place. I can tell you now that this movie shows the region very well, in that football is king, and high school football players, not to mention coaches are gods in the small towns around there. Here Ed Harris plays the football coach of Anderson, South Carolina, and is a very respected figure.

He is a decent man overall, and he sees a mentally retarded African-American coming around his football practice. He lets him be an assistant to the school. He befriends him when no one else in town would. This movie is so good because the acting is unbelievable, and it is not an outright happy ending, it ends appropriately, more or less.

Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ed Harris give some of their best performances in this film, while the supporting cast, including Debra Winger, Alfre Woodard, and S. Epatha Merkson is awesome. There are no special effects in this movie, making it that much better. This is almost priceless. I hope this film doesn't go unnoticed, I fear it is though, and that is sad, this is very good stuff. This is much better than other crap out right now, like Kill Bill.

Having lived in this part of the country for a long time I can definitely see what happened to Radio in terms of criticism and people not liking him happening. In a small town like Anderson, South Carolina those that do not conform to the norm are definitely looked down upon, as Radio was.

That is the way it is pretty much now, and being that this took place thirty years ago, it was probably worse. I am curious if this movie even played down the resistance that these two got. Just being remotely different around this part of the country I got a lot more resistance and dirty looks than the character Radio got.

I think it is interesting that a movie was done about Anderson, South Carolina. There is little else of interest in Western North Carolina, and the high country of South Carolina. Some of the high schools they mentioned I remember hearing about. This movie paints such a good portrait of a different time, and in that way this is a good movie too.

I like this movie a lot. The movie does not really have a week point. I liked seeing some of the vintage Julius Erving footage. The movie just has something special, I almost cried watching this movie, and I laughed a lot. As for the characters (SPOILERS) that tried to keep Radio down they got what was coming to them, and I liked it.

The soulful soundtrack was real good too. All I can say is see this movie, there is something here for everyone to enjoy. There is no profanity, no sex and the movie is all around fun, touching, and very very well done. See this one you won't be disappointed. I also thought the vintage Burger King was cool. It was product placement, but it was cool.

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  

Покажи мненията от миналия:  Сортирай по  
Напиши нова тема Отговори на тема  [ 1 мнение ] 

Часовете са според зоната UTC + 2 часа